Wednesday, August 08, 2007

tornado watch..

Well, our first severe weather without Sean around. As of right now, there is heavy rain and thunder and lightning. Just peaked out the window and saw flashes of blue lightning. It is beautiful. In this kind of weather, you can hardly see what is infront of you until you are almost right on top of it.

The girls and the cats are sequestered downstairs. Sarina feels more comfortable there. She was freaking out majorly when she called me at the library half an hour before closing time. She wanted to me come home. I told her that I will be back when I can. I called her up at around 6.00 pm to to tell her to round up all the cats and to look at the local channel for news on the weather. Oh the power just went out. Okay just a power surge. It came back..heard the girls downstairs calling for me. They will be okay :) Insyallah.

Anyway, back to what I was saying, she managed to round up the cats and a while later she called me in this shaky voice. She called me twice more before we finally closed the library 15 minutes early. I called once to make sure she has all the necessary stuff put in the basement, like flashlight, drinking water and all the essentials. Alayna, the babysitter picked the phone up. She said that Sarina was freaking out majorly and I told Alayna that Sarina is very afraid of storms like these. She said that she can see that...hahahha. Anyway, good thing Candee was of the same mind as I was. Closed the library :)

And here we are. Tried calling Sean on his cell, but he must not have it turned on. Oh well. Brought the laptop downstairs and the sutpid thing wouldn't start up. But how much you want to bet that when all this is over..it will start proper..hahaha. I am not hearing any hail yet. Hopefully we won't get it. Across the state line, they have gotten golf ball size hail up in Nebraska. We were supposed to have that too, just penny size. The rainfall is very heavy. The roof is leaking near the fireplace. The roofer couldn't detect any leak but I bet that because this house is old, it has shifted somewhat and no matter what you do it will leak at that precise spot. Only alternative is to jack the foundation. But that will be a project for the future owner..hehehe.

Oh by the way, I was so angry yesterday morning. Received a phone call from one of the ladies, accusing us of ripping them off. I said, what?! See told you that we were supposed to pay for their July premium right? It was around $450 each. Anyway, she called me up and told me to send her the check. I said , sure but I need to a copy of the invoice for our tax and records purposes. She said no..uh uh..she is not going to send us anything. I said, I need that if you want me to pay for it, because that was what the accountant wanted see.

She insisted that I didn't need it and I told her that we're not the ones who came up with this anyway. Finally she said, that what we will see is the premium being lower than what was quoted before in June, which was based on a group plan. Now that we are all on individual planes..for some reason, their premiums are lower than ours. Which is fine..but here's what made me so mad. Before she told me the amount, she said that she will not be ripped off by us and since we put them in this bind, she wants us to pay for both July and August premiums , since both added together would still come out lesser than what we had thought. See, if she had asked me nicely and not accused me of ripping her off, I would be more than happy to discuss it with Sean. I mean, I know that they could be in a difficult situation..but she didn't have to an ass and accused me of that.

Ripping her off...we didn't have to pay for anything after July. We are now closed. You are out of a job. You do not work for us anymore. So in not so many words..well actually I said a lot of words..hahha. I said, excuse me..ripping you off..how is that? We provided everything for both of you. All expenses paid for even on days that you do not work..and how is that we are ripping you off. That's when she tried to back peddle and say that we are responsible for putting her in this bind..I was so close to saying that it was THEIR fault that we closed the clinic. Sean, for all his good intentions, didn't want to fire them, and in his mind, this is the only way. Go figure. I know what all of you would say..I have said it, but he has made his mind up. Frankly speaking, I am happy. Even if it has some repercussions. And so, here i was sputtering with anger..didn't know what to say first..so I told her that i didn't want to even go there. But I did tell her that if it were up to me, I wouldn't not have paid anything at all. I would not have given anything after June 30th. But Sean being the Mr. Nice Guy that he is decided to give both of them that.

Yep, I felt so good after I told her that. That shut her up and I didn't want to waste my time with her anymore, asked for the amount, and I hung up on her. I tell you, I was shaking with anger. I never felt so much rage in me. I looked at the time and saw that Sean wouldn't be in the office just yet..so I called up Carrie and I was foaming at the mouth. She was so surprised because she had never heard me like that before. I went over to Mrs. Collins and told her in a lot of words..what had happened and boy was she mad too. hehehhe. And I called Sean later and told him that he needs to talk to his ex-employee and straightened her out about paying only for July. But I am saying this, if he caves in and gave what that lady wanted, all hell will break lose, and that is not spoken in jest. I HAVE HAD IT.

Oh one final thing, Sarina finally had her ears pierced for the third time and hopefully this will work :) She looks like a little gypsy..hahah. She was so determined to get it done.

7 comments:

Husain n Co. said...

Rosma...kesian si sarina...sarah tak aper2 pulak ya??..yalah..i pun takut dgn dentam dentum bunyi petir..kita sdiri suara petir tak takut eh..ehee..tapi i hope sarina is ok...kesian...peluk dia kuat2 lah bilan babysitter dia..kesian jugak u, mesti kelam kabut bila sarina cam tu eh...
Hm....how far boleh kita sabar...i think i can understand how enraged you were masa tu...dahlah org cuba sabar2, ingat nak buat baik...abis2 cakap gitu macam..i would be upset too...tapi tulah..manusia ni...jenis tak bersyukur lah tu kan...asik nak cam bully n tuding jari...i hope you guys can work things out lah...lay all the facts and tengok logic mana yg boleh diorang pakai or you all pakai nak bayar itu premium sampai august tu....as long as you all are out of trouble sudah....
Wish I can do more than just say things here...my prayers for u rosma...hugsalot to all.Hang in there pal.

Meraq said...

Now will you guys be in trouble if you ignore the ladies'requests? If not, I dont see why you should pay them. Dah terang lagi bersuluh they kuang aja at you and Sean. I would just put down the phone, change number or just dont pick up calls. Let them leave messages. I pun darah naik upstairs sehhh dengar you story.

Get out of that place, move somewhere safe!! Like Mass..hehehe...be a left wing liberal like most of us here. Does Sean still hates America, I wonder.

Anonymous said...

lin pun takut gak dengar bunyi2 guruh, petir, kilat sume tu... rasa macam nak tercabut jer tangkai jantung ni (errkk.. jantung ada tangkai tak???)

Anyways, sometimes i feel that it's better to dela with cats than human... ada je nak jawab.. ada je nak carik alasan.. ada je nak throw things to you.. tensen.. tensen... :(

Nora n.s. said...

hv never experienced hail before..
pray dat it wont hit your area lar.
ameen.

i can imagine how angry u were on the fone talking to dat lady... i would hv spit at her all my malay peribahasa and bahasa bangsawan to dat she wont call again..hehe.

three times tindik means three holes on each ear lobe ke rosma? cutenya..
u know, i tindikkan my dotter pakai jarum and benang when she was 1 month old..d traditional method lah. pakai minyak lam segala.. :D

mag.nolia said...

OMG, the tornado season must be one scary season!!!! Thank goodness your daughters are independent, at such an age. So brave to go thru the prep without their parents. I know I'd be panicking :D

So yea, that woman - I'd love to spit venom in her face too. It's funny the hassles people will go thru just to get their money. Hopefully that's the last of the calls u will receive in relation to the business...

Yara said...

Rosma, I always read about bad weather in your blog. Is it a universal thing all over the States? If not, why not move to some place free from all these tornado, storm, hail, etc. Maybe out of America totally.

bunkerangs said...

sri...kesian jugak kat sarina..but i think in some ways this will teach her to be a bit less afraid of bad weather. sarah is okay..she cam relek jer i nengok. only she tak suka dengar the thunder booming. tu dia takut habis. i dalam hati jer kelam kabut..but outwardly, i have to show her that it is okay..not that bad. and she seems to be fine like that. i think sri..part sabar dengan diorang kan..i dah habis lah. dah tamat dah..dah the end..ni ikut cakap my mother..hehe. nak ikut diorang nyer logic yang tak logic langsung..habis lah family i..kalau ikut kan hati diorang..they will take us to the cleaners lah..hehe



kak za,actually not at all. ni sean lah memandai nak jadi orang baik..haha..sajer jer i ni eh..kesian my hubby..nak buat baik pun orang tak suka..i told her straight that if it were up to me..satu sen pun they will not get after june 30..that is it.. and yeah..we are definitely moving. ingatkan nak tunggu sampai next year..after that call kan..i bilang kat sean..no need to wait..we rent jer a place near ellsworth and we will work from there. barang seme yang kat sini can be putinto storage unit and can wait.mmg kite planning one day will move there..hahaha.. ans yes, i think he still hates america..hahahahhaha



lin..haha...tangkai jantung..kira rupa dia cam bertangkai jugaklah kan..haha. i pun sometimes like that..nak nak kalau kat dalam kereta...wahhh..mulut kumat kamit lah baca apa yang ingat..hehe. tu lah..i agree with you..paus hati buat baik dengan binatang dari buat baik dengan these ppl lah..like you said..tension tension..hehe


nora..insyallah tak..but kalau dah nak terkena..apa nak buat..but insyallah the basement is very secure.

as for that lady..bahasa melayu tamil..chinese..kalau boleh mmg dah nak terkeluar dari mulut i ni..but tersangatlah marah nyer pasal..i can only hang up on her..hahaha..no not three holes...3 kali at the same spot. and alhamdullilah..nampak okay..tak ada infection and all that. she is like me lah..kena pakai gold and only hoops. agaknyer telinga banyak daki lah sebab tu kalau pakai studs..macam kena glue gitu..hahaha berani nyer you tindik sendiri..i cannot lah..hehe...i tak berani..next time..sarah nyer turn pulak.


hartini..yeah summer till early fall is sever weather nyer season. this year...weather is kinda cranky..sib baik we are not in the flood plains..or area..most places around here are flooded every time there is bad thunderstorms. one thing good about sarina, she follows instructions very well..in this manner..at least her attention is focused on trying to get all things ready lah..spit venom..hahaha...not just that..i feel like nak tampar jer muka dia..that was how angry i was..

yara..hahahah...universal...maybe..over here jer lah..haha. i think there is no safe place in the states..east coast you have the hurricanes..west coast the wild fire..mid west tornado..colarado and i guess north east..you have blizzard and all that..hehehe. so you are right about getting out of america altogether..haha